Thursday, March 30, 2017

Collage Postcards

It seems March evaporated without much art to show for my efforts, but here are a few postcard collages I composed in my spare time when I wasn't suffering with a ginormous cold or working in the yard. My incentive was the National Collage Society annual Postcard show (a non-juried event for NCS members), which had a deadline of March 20th. So although I always have postcards hanging around that I made in the past, I like to make new ones for this annual event. You can only send in one, so here are the ones I considered as possible entries.....
 
BeSpoke
 
Circling In
 
Moving On
 
Stay There (using monoprinted papers)
 
        Her Domain
 
I also attempted some paper weaving using papers I hand painted, inspired by a Cloth Paper Scissors magazine Challenge. I spent more time on it than I first intended playing with the concept, only to ultimately trash the thing. But I learned some new techniques. And I have to admit, I spent a bunch of mad money on paint markers (I found that Sharpie paint pens were the easiest to use, but the color palette was limited). Oh well, that's the way the artwork crumbles sometimes... 
 
Happy Spring!
 
PS For my latest book review on LitLovers.com, click here.
 

No comments: