Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A New Series of Print-based Collages


These are my new collages, all made using printed papers from Gelli plate monoprints.
 
                                       
To tell you the truth, I stumbled on this way of using my Gelli prints because I did not much like them as individual pieces. So I have reclycled bits and pieces of them into collages.

I need to come up with a name for this new series. I see sky, earth and water shapes in the abstractions. I am hoping my subconscious kicks in with just the right term soon. Also, I'd like to take this series to one of the Monday night critique sessions offered by the Visual Arts Alliance. I have been a member for two years, but somehow just never get around to attending one of their monthly critique session.

 
Putting these together is fun, kind of like a puzzle. These collages are my first new works of the year. I hope to do lots more Gelli printing in the months to come.
 
Thank you for taking a look!


3 comments:

Diane Bruxvoort said...

These are great , Keddy. You should definitely take them to the critique. Love the colours and the flow.

Devin said...

Very nice, Keddy! Beautiful!

LoneStarLibrarian said...

Thank you very much, Devin and Diane -- Somehow I missed seeing these when you posted them last month. I appreciate you taking the time to look and comment!