Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Collage: "Reconstituted"


The National Collage Society holds an annual online juried show, and when I first entered the competition in 2010, I felt quite lucky to have a collage accepted. Next two years, not so lucky. But this year my luck changed. "Reconstituted" appears in this year's show! It is one in series I think of as my "panoramic" collages, long and narrow.

When you enter a show, you just never really know if the judges will find your work favorable. It's really a matter of each judge's individual taste. They might favor realistic, abstract or minimal compositions, etc. Achieving my goal of placing in the show feels like such a blessing, especially coming on the heels of my mother's death in May. It took quite a while to get back to my collage practice. But then, along came this new series, and I was able to hit my stride again.

The printed catalog for the 2013 29th Annual Juried Exhibit is available for $19.00, digital version for $10.

Thank you for looking at my art and/or the online show!

6 comments:

plundquist said...

Thanks for sharing this with us, it is simply wonderful... what a talent you've nutured.

Chuck Taylor said...

Just beautiful! Congratulations! Makes me hungry and I just ate. Seems a fit one for autumn.

Stitchwhiz said...

Beautiful collage! Congrats. I'm sorry to hear about your mother's death. Sending my condolences to you and your family. Mary

LoneStarLibrarian said...

Thank you, Mary. Thanks everyone for these lovely comments.

Laura Nagel said...

So proud to know you Keddy! Love the way your art is developing.

LoneStarLibrarian said...

Gosh, thank you, Laura and great to see you last night!