Saturday, December 3, 2011

Art for a Cause: Labyrinths










Last month I donated two collages to an auction for Veriditas offered on the Bidding for Good website. For a description of Veriditas, here is some copy from their website:








The vision of Veriditas is to activate and facilitate the transformation of the human spirit. The work of Veriditas centers around the Labyrinth Experience as a personal practice for healing and growth, a tool for community building, an agent for global peace and a metaphor for life.

I am a strong believer in all things-labyrinth related, which has led to much use of labyrinth imagery in my artwork. Some of those labyrinth pieces are for sale at Lucia's Garden in Houston.

Anyway, the auction took a few weeks and whenever I checked, the bids on my collages kept rising. When the event wrapped up, they sold for nice sums, all profits going to Veriditas. My personal gain is knowing they went to people who strongly connect with my art. And so it goes....

Collages by Keddy Ann Outlaw:
Altarpiece 08: Femina Mundi
Altarpiece 41: Path to the Labyrinth

2 comments:

plundquist said...

Keddy these are beautiful collages! You know I too have a love of labyrinths and their quiet power to heal and to release. What an generous gift to Veriditis and to the owners. Namaste.

LoneStarLibrarian said...

Thank you, Peter. I am glad we have a love of labyrinths in common!