Friday, October 21, 2011

Collage Fun on Flickr

A few weeks ago, I made my first altered postcard pictured above, entitled "The Family Cactus", an exercise I might never have done were it not for my membership in the Flickr special interest group called Post Collage. One comment on this collage really gave me a laugh, noting all the "prickly" relatives.

It's been fun meeting other collage geeks on Flickr. Some of the Flickr collage groups I've joined are Vintage Collage Art, Waste Cut & Paste, SoulCollage and Collage Crazy, among others.

Another feature I've come to enjoy on Flickr is the ability to "curate" galleries. You can assemble small shows based on Flickr images. I was in New York visiting my mother and found I had the time to create a few galleries, mostly collage, but also including abstract art and word-related photos. I combed Flickr to find images that really appealed to me. What fun! Often people are flattered when you include their work in a gallery, and make contact to tell you so. To take a look at my galleries, click here.

"Collage is the noble conquest of the irrational, the coupling of two realities, irreconcilable in appearance, upon a plane which apparently does not suit them." - Max Ernst

No comments: