Thursday, June 2, 2011

Adding Text to Photos, a Popular Pastime

I don't always like photos or art with verbiage inserted, yet I find myself playing with it myself. Photo editing software makes such a task pretty darn easy. Sites such as I Can Has Cheezburger? attest to the popularity of adding captions to photos.

Perhaps it was a blogger's block, but this morning I first thought of doing an update on my 2008 Not So Commonplace Books post, where I presented a handful of quotes I'd collected in various notebooks. I browsed through my collected quotes again and then began to look for a photo to use with whatever I presented. Instead I started doodling with adding text to an old photo I'd taken of palm tree twigs. Their swirly contorted form delights me. And thus the captioned photo above was created. That feels like enough for this week. Otherwise, I am busy getting ready for an art show. More on that in a few weeks.....

"What one relishes, nourishes." - Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1734.

photo by KAO: Palm Twigs

No comments: