Friday, August 29, 2008

ArtsHound.com

Artshound.com is a local website I just became acquainted with. What a jam-packed database of cultural events! It is maintained by the Houston Arts Alliance and is also part of a larger Artopolis network. Now if I only had more time to attend some of the events...

The site has a front page which shows you what's going on today, but what I find most useful is the calendar, which makes it easy to plan ahead. I am looking forward to a staycation in September, and I will be checking out Artshound for some field trips and special events. Among its many browsable categories are: Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Festivals, Kids & Families, Film & Video, Poetry & Literature, World & Traditional, Museums, Public Art, Special Events, Free Events, Outdoors & Nature. Then on a sidebar, we are offered more goodies: Classes & Workshops, News and Reviews, Artist Profiles, etc. Something for everyone (and it makes me glad to be a Houstonian, a city where most cultural events are fairly affordable)!

No comments: