Friday, July 25, 2008

Getting through the Dog Days of Summer

I don't have a lot to report this week. I've been busy reading books for a future LJ essay, titles I can't blog about since I am saving my comments for the article.

The collage workshop I was taking has wrapped up now. Some of my new collages are too big to fit on my scanner at home, but eventually I will digitize more of them to use here and elsewhere. And I've joined the Art League Houston so I can take advantage of courses and workshops they offer.

Art Knowledge News has become one of my favorite Bloglines accounts. It gives me a quick visual overview of major art shows around the world.

Our library made the front page of the West University Examiner this week! The article, entitled "From Ferrets to Feathers" tells about a few of the programs we've had lately, and is warmly written by our favorite local reporter, Anne Marie Kilday.

For better or worse, the Dog Days of summer are here. And they last a long time in Houston, so the best thing to do is get used to it. I've grown accustomed to the heat. RX: books, art, watermelon, swimming, and all places air conditioned, especially libraries!

Flipped Mountain collage by KAO

1 comment:

Felicia Mitchell said...

Keddy,

I'm not sure that this tag meme thing fits with your blog; if not, and you want to "play," just post via a comment to my blog.

My new fig is not doing so well. It probably wishes that it lived in Texas.