Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Zoho Writer - Exercise 19

When you don't have access to word processing software, try Zoho Writer. I fooled around with it today to write this entry. I froze up facing their screen for composing. Maybe it was the unfamiliar interface, which I found sort of distracting. It is good to know Zoho exists, should I ever need it. It was fairly straightforward to use. There is even a table of emoticons, which I usually don't use, but there are times they might be fun.

I also took a look at the templates, which were generic documents you could piggyback onto: resumes, schedules, etc. I was hoping for some fancier looks we could use for flyers or posters, but no luck there.

I tried uploading directly to the blog, so I could show off the emoticons. But once it got here, I could not edit any of the text, and since my writing process involves a lot of revising, I had to redo this entry directly onto blogger.com (lesson learned; I won't try that again).

Quotation (heard on Garrison Keillor's Writer's Almanac today):
Great literature is simply language charged with meaning to the utmost possible degree. - Ezra Pound, ABC of Reading

No comments: