Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Technorati (whatee?) - Thing 14















I jumped through most of the hoops for the Technorati assignment. See the Technorati logo on the sidebar. Also, I "claimed" my blog and signed up for some watch lists. As assigned, I looked around at Learning 2.0 blogs. Doing so, I began to realize how many professional fields are pursuing 2.0 modalities, not just libraries, but schools, businesses, nonprofit groups, etc. Participants share a tickled tone of enthusiasm for blogging and newly gained technological skills. Like others whose posts I read, I have become addicted to blogging. I think I will always want to produce one blog or another!

What a different way of life we have from a few generations ago. We use computers constantly, I'd like to think for the greater good. I've heard it said that you can measure generations by their largest buildings: pyramids, cathedrals, office towers. Note the beautiful San Francisco architectural detail above, no doubt living on long past the hand of its maker. We may not be creating content in the third dimension, but I do think the web is an amazing tool for communication. And I am honored to have this opportunity to communicate, with help from Technorati, Flickr, Blogger, et al.

No comments: