Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Here It Is - Exercise 6


Road sign, Arizona, 1987

Here we are in Week 3 of the "23 Things".

Learning new web skills is downright, upright exciting.

I tried loading a lettered collage mashup this morning but apparently it was a big file and took so long, I had to give up and sign off the computer at our Information Station before it could finish. Oh well, although it was fun, it did result in that infamous "ransom note" look.

Later: I tried both the trading card and captioning apps, and became somewhat frustrated. The trading card photo was too distorted to display. The captioned photo would have been cool, but blogger.com would not accept the resulting webpage address. Also, when I tried to copy the captioned image (made using one of my Flickr photos) onto the desktop, only the original non-captioned photo was saved.

I admit it, I feel newly tech-savvy, using the word "app", even though I couldn't get most of them to work as I expected.

Quotation:
Literature is a luxury, fiction a necessity. - G. K. Chesterton

(This was the quote I tried to use in the mashup and the captioned photo.)

No comments: